– Go to Yellowknife, Canada and photograph Ice Road Truck Alex Debogorski with a tractor trailer on the ice or at least make it appear he’s there.
– Getting to Canada’s most northern city just below Arctic Circle.
– Snowing with below zero degree weather
– Finding a location big and flat enough for tractor trailer combo
– Only 4 hours of usable sun light at the Arctic Circle
– Acquire newish tractor trailer to use in shot.
– Location fees and permits.
– Three planes, a mad dash in Calgary airport and a pickup truck ride in a snow storm.
– 400 miles of frozen tundra, 4 frozen lakes, location
– the Sand Pit.
– No tractor trailers for rent, saw one we liked and borrowed it.
– Expedition long underwear, pullover, ski jacket, hat, gloves, wool socks, and heavy duty boots.
– The Arctic Circle doesn’t make for long days but it does give great lighting.
– No location fees or permits required on the frozen tundra.